So I readily admit I am a lousy blogger. It seems as though the days in between updates are becoming longer and longer. Here's a few things on my mind...
A couple of weeks ago, as Heather and I were coming home from dinner for my brothers birthday, we hit a pot hole the size of Kennewick. Initially, I didn't think anything was wrong, but later could hear something wasn't right. As it turned out, when we were getting new tires put on the rig, they asked if we knew we had a broken rear shock. I was, well, shocked. I guess I now know what the noise was I was hearing. Sigh...
Nat surprised us by coming up for Easter break with the kids. I guess she had had it with the 80 degree weather in Vegas and would come to the rain and snow mixed mid-50's of SLC. I guess mom won the battle of the guilt trips. Nat was laying a heavy one on her to come down for Bailey's 1-year birthday a couple of weeks ago. We're glad your here Nat!!! Russ comes at the end of the week to round out the Harrison clan.
Mitch earned his first "bead" at Pack Meeting last night. It seems like yesterday I was doing the Cub Scout thing. It really just blows me away at how fast time is flying by. I was thinking the other day it will be 18 years this fall that I left on my mission. Unbelievable really. It wasn't the best two years of my life, but the best two years FOR my life. It really set the stage for bigger and better things to come.
I admit I am an American Idol junkie. I can't stand to watch it live though. I have to DVR it and watch not only when it's convenient, but fast forward through the commercials. That's the only way I can watch it. Two things that bug me though: Archuletta licks his lips way too much, and Paula Abdul. She makes absolutely no sense and brings no value. Here's my prediction for the Top 2: Archuletta and the rocker that plays the guitar (can't remember his name). Other shows I DVR: Saturday Night Live, America's Most Wanted, 20/20, Dateline, and 60 Minutes. I don't care to watch anything else.
March Madness is about to start. I will not be filling out brackets this year. I don't have a pool I am entering, so no need. I usually get about 85% right in the first round, then progressively get worse from there. I will just watch and enjoy. This time of year is probably the best time to be a sports fan.
More later.
7 years ago

9 comments:
A few things - first off - dude, you are old!! 18 years ago you left??? I can still remember your farewell, I can't believe it was that long ago! Wow! Second, sorry about your car, that stinks!! Third, Love the comment about David and his lips and Paula, but when has she ever added value to the show? And seriously America's most wanted - how boring is that? You ARE old :) And last thing - you can join Jon's family bracket if you want, I have actually done it every year that we have been married and really look forward to it, so if you want in, just let me know by tomorrow. (sorry for the novel)
I can't believe that 18 years ago you left - I am speechless! The feelings when we left you at the MTC and when you got on that airplane are still so close to the surface, that everytime we sing "Because I Have Been Given Much" I cry! You would think that after 18 years I could bury those emotions a bit further. And look at you now. Congrats to the Mitchell man. How did he look in his shirt? Was it tucked in and set off with a neckerchief? What a guy. First game tomorrow of the NCAA - go Cougars! By the way, you are not a lousy blogger! We'll take whatever you can give. Love you, and hearing your thoughts.
The day you left for you mission was the day my family announced that we were moving to New Jersey. How crazy is that little tidbit of info? I can't believe that I am even old enough to remember anything that happend 18 years ago!
I still don't think you've figured out that I found your blog. I agree with a few things you said: my mission was the best year and a half for my life, David Archuletta will be in the top two, and commercials suck. Some implied messages that you didn't say outright are: you are a nerd, and as others have said, you're so old! :) Hey Randy, add more pictures to your blog. The only time I see you is when your driving your killer van down the street.
Keep blogging ... we are loyal 'Curtis Clan' readers. BTW ... I'm a little dismayed that you associate things like potholes with Kennewick.
A pothole the size of KENNEWICK?! Wow...that must have been some pothole! :-)
Randy and Heather - Glad things are going good for you and that I finally found you! I am gald you are bloggers, so I can keep up with friends that have moved away from Kennewick. It really amazes me that Mitch is in cub scouts, are you sure he is old enough. You guys need to make another trip up to Washington soon. Got to see the old gang. We moved into the Carlson's house which is totally awesome and much bigger. Randy,I am trying to locate someone with your phone number, I need to talk to about some Atlanta news, so call me if you get this before I get a hold of you.
Shellee Bagley 509-374-0136
PS
Hope you are buying the iron on cub scout patches, it makes life a lot simpler.
Randy & Heather
One more thing our blog is at
http://www.dsbagley.blogspot.com/
Shellee & Derek
Dude, I have read this blog like 17 times now...any idea on when you will grant us an update?
donaldrsorensonesq.blogspot.com
Post a Comment