This past week we were able to get away for a few days and spend some time with my Grandpa in Island Park, ID (near West Yellowstone). He has a cabin there and we were able to spend some one-on-one time with just him. While we love being there with everyone, it was nice to have it be just us and him. I don't think I have ever had that opportunity. It was a truly memorable trip. Those of you that have been there know how peaceful and relaxing it is. We had a lot of fun. Here are some pics...

roasting marshmellows...truly mellowing

Grandpa-Great teaching Mitch how to make and light a fire

MMMMMM Smores and laughing. A great combination.

family pic with Riley hiding

around the fire, figthing off the mosquitos

in West Yellowstone, the boys playing while waiting for our pizza to arrive

in front of the famous Ice Cream place. Notice it's now named Mooseberry's (I guess MooseKnuckle was taken)

Me and Caleb doing the spider. Took me back to third grade!

more pyro

Heather and Caleb

Caleb fell asleep while on our fourwheel excursion. We were the furthest away from the cabin when he fell asleep. Heather rode with one hand on the four wheeler and one hand holding Caleb all the way home. (For those of you wondering why I didn't have the duty of holding him for the ride back, I was on a motorcycle and Heather isn't comfortable driving her and one of the kids on that...)
Grandpa teaching Mitch a song. Mitch loves it!
10 comments:
Oh that makes me want to cry - I want to be up there, It is funny how over the years everything still pretty much stays the same,Same actvities, same places to go!
I still remember the time we were in the little grocery store in West and you and Alison showed me a "centerfold" picture out of a not so nice magazine :)
I miss it up there, and what are they thinking renaming our Arrowleaf Icecream shop, does it still taste as good?
Oh my goodness. Thanks for the post and including so many pictures. I feel the same as Jess. I won't get to go up there this year with the rest of the family and it makes me sad. It's timeless up there! Next year for sure. The one on one time is priceless too. We got to do that the year Grandma died. I have memories I wouldn't trade for anything.
Can you believe it! Yet another generation building precious memories of family outings in Island Park! I love it. It looks like you had so much fun and I am so glad that you posted your pictures. I need to get the words to the song Grandpa was teaching Mitchell so you and Mitch can sing it all the way through. Grandpa is still raving about Heather's cooking - you are his new best friend! Are "marshmellows" what they sell in the stores in Island Park? Here we make s'mores with marshmallows, but they looked delicious! Did you make the concoctions in the sandwich cookers too? Oh, the fun we have had in Island Park!! Thanks for carrying on that tradition. I love you.
I hear Island Park is nice! And the singing fish, my grandma had about 5 of those in thier house! totally remember them! good times.
What a fun trip, I am so jealous! I love hangin with Gramps at the cabin, everything looks exactly the same! Thanks for posting all those pics, it is so fun to them!
Looks like you guys had a blast! We missed you in CO though, just wasn't the same going to Popeyes without you!
What a fun vacation, so when are you coming a little more northwest to see all those you left behind. You know we still miss ya up here. Well have a great rest of the summer. Maybe we will have to come down there.
Shell
Looks like you had a great time! That red shirt with the white maple leaf looks great on ya, eh!!
Wow, that looks like a blast. But who is that kid you keep referring to as Caleb? Last time I checked Caleb was around 10 months old, and had feet the size of dump trucks. So what did you do with that Caleb?
i love island park and all the camping and 4 wheeling there! i miss the west! :) looks like a fun trip
Post a Comment