Thursday, July 17, 2008

too busy to blog

What a lame excuse, I know. You've got to come to expect that from me by now. Anyways, things have been crazy busy. The summer is not for blogging, but, here are some happenings...

Riley is still in Washington with her best friends Rachael and Megan. She returns this Sunday after being there 12 days. Quite a long time for a 9-year-old. She has done great. Check out Jen Smith's blog to read the details.

Heather has been in San Antonio with her brother and sister-in-law. They just had baby #4 and Heather is down there helping herself get baby hungry. SHE BETTER COME HOME READY TO GO FOR OUR #4!!!
The boys and I headed to Bear Lake for a couple days of boating and motorcycling. It was alot of fun hanging with mom and Bob and Dianne and Dale (my aunt and uncle). Two things about Di and Dale I didn't know before: They LOVE Kashi cereal and they love cinnamon bears. Not together, though. Loved spending time with them and letting my boys come to know "my Uncle Dale and Aunt Dianne". They have never lived close by for as long as I have been alive (and then some probably). So glad they are close by now so we can do fun things like this with them.
I was a chaperone at Cub Country with the Cub Scouts from our ward. (Mitch's group). Some things I learned there: All 8-year-old boys are exactly the same, they all like to talk in funny voices, LOVE getting dirty (Mitch wanted to wear the same T-shirt the second day), each of them HAD to buy pocket knives at the "store" up there. It looks EXACTLY the same as when I went up there at that age. Heather said maybe I could earn some of the badges I missed as a youngster while I'm there. I still hate boondoggle. The 14-18 year-old kids that run the camp are, well, bizzare. I mean that in a nice, Christian way of course. God bless them though. They have to deal with Cub Scouts all day long. Oh yeah, Mitch had peanut butter and sugar sandwiches both days with a bag of fruit loops for lunch. He asked for it and he got it. I will not win father of the year for that one.
Enough babbling. Here are some pics...
Caleb bowling at Mother/Son Stake bowling day last weekend. Very Brave Heather, very brave.
last Saturday, I took Mitch to get all of his football gear for this upcoming season. He is VERY excited to play his first year of football with pads. Here he is acting tough. We'll keep you posted.
Caleb at the drive-in movie eating popcorn. We went with a bunch of our friends to see Wall E. Very fun...
Riley with her hot new glasses. She's like Mr. Magoo when she doesn't have them on. We miss you sweet pea and can't wait till you come home!
Favorite evening pastime at Bear Lake: movies on the computer. The boys were thouroughly entertained by Napolean Dynamite. Both boys are almost able to quote the whole movie now. It will make Heather very proud when she gets home.
Grammy and the boys at Bear Lake
view from the cabin at Bear LakeCaleb found the winter clothes. Check out the gloves on the feet. Flippin sweet!
more mother/son bowling fun!!
peeing off the back of the boat. What?! We had to go!!!
on the boat...
at the Marina...
sandbox at Bear Lake
Grammy and Caleb
a mid-day dip in the lake. A little chilly...

8 comments:

Jacynthe said...

Fruit Loops for lunch... must be a Curtis thing... Dale loves to feed breakfast for lunch or dinner for the kids when I am not there. Fun photos. Love your blog!

grammy vicki said...

Love spending time with you at Bear Lake. So glad that you were able to be there this year. We need to get RiRi up so she can ski again this year. Love the Cub Country stories. Such a great experience for Mitch and for Dad!

Anonymous said...

Randy,
Were you in Cub Scouts? Is that where you got your Eagle?? :)

tyler said...

sup randy! your blog page is pretty funny. looks like you've been busy with bear lake fun and camping. saw-weet!

Jessica said...

Fun pics and stories! I want to go to Bear Lake!! What is this, Baby #4????????? I hope so! Super exciting!

Karen Liu said...

Peeing off the boat...wrong kind of "white people" to be associating with... HAHA! I love clander's blog, too. -Hollywood.

The Donald said...

Funny how the first line says "too busy to blog" and then it is followed up by one of the longest blogs in recorded blogging history. What can you get done when you have time? Build a house?

Cereal is suitable for any time during the day. I once went two weeks when I was 17 eating nothing but count chocula and boo berry, with a little capt crunch mixed in.

Oh ya, your old casa is for sale again. Feel free to move back in.

Kris and Kelli said...

Randy, where is your cabin at Bear Lake? We have one on the East Shore in Laketown. you should come up with us some time. You wouldn't have to watch movies on a computer :)