Sunday, April 27, 2008

fun weekend!

We had an awesome weekend-just me and the boys! Not because Heather and Riley were in Logan for Riley's dance competition (second weekend in a row), but because we just hung out and had fun.

Ready for the first game of the soccer season!! This is Caleb's first year and Mitchell's third. I am Mitchell's coach. Notice on Mitch's uni that the socks and jersey don't match. I guess when you have 78 colors to come up with and no two can look alike, some socks are bound not to match. Oh well. I'm sure the flaggers on the road in construction zones must have inspired someone. At least they didn't get the pink salmony lookin' ones. Those are heinous. The girls love them cause they match their bows, the boys loathe them. I don't think Caleb's shorts would've even fit Mitch. How they ever stayed up in the game is a miracle.

Game times for both were 10am. With Heather being out of town, I was going to have to juggle things a bit. Thankfully Grammy Vic came out and was a huge help. She drank all the Capri Sun's and ate all the sprinkled doughnuts. Just kidding. She stayed with Caleb to give him a familiar face on the sidelines.

Team name: Orange Crush. Only in color though. We got beat 3-2, but who's keeping track, right? If I may brag, Mitch had both goals. What a stud. His buddy Kyson is on the team so he thinks that's pretty cool.

This clip is from Caleb's game. This is pretty funny. Caleb is #9 with his back to the camera. He and this much taller kid, #13(can someone please check his birth certificate?) had been going at it all game. Caleb gets a couple of forearm shivers in before resuming his hopping around. (what? soccer? huh?) Right at the end of the clip, Caleb tries to go after #13 again. Priceless. I love 3-year-olds.
After soccer, it was off to a Bees game. It was a killer day for baseball...
At Franklin Covey Field, they have a sort-of train like Heber Creeper with tires that goes back and forth around the outfield that the kids can ride. They also have a playground that entertains the kids during boring parts of the game--or any parts for that matter.
Not sure how much of the game they even caught. Here they are wrestling with another boy they met. He's pulling Mitchell's leg. Outfield on the grass is the only way to go with kids. I highly recommend it!
After-game pic with the Bee's mascot on the field.
After the game, they let the kids run the bases.
Good thing Caleb took off his soccer shorts. He did lose his shoe running from 2nd to 3rd.

Ready for church today. The girls made it back safe and sound. I shaved the boys heads for a clean spring 'do. Riley's awards this week: First runner-up in tap, and first over-all for Jazz. You go girl...

14 comments:

grammy vicki said...

The soccer footage is so funny! The excitement of a first game when you are three years old! Too bad I didn't get a pic of the ball coming at Caleb, all alone in front of the goal, the mothers on the side-lines hollering at him, "Caleb! Get the ball!" So after making sure he had heard them correctly, he bends down and picks it up - so proud of himself! Riley - great job at your competition. I am so excited to see you perform next weekend! It was a fun day at the games, then dinner at IHOP. Is Mitchell still eating?

anderson's said...

Riley is quite the dancer! You ought to post a video of her! Are you guys coming out in July?

Randy said...

Cath-

Not sure at this point. Will probably be a game-time decision. We'll keep you posted. It would be fun to see everyone again.
I will also get some vid of Riley dancing and post it.

Jessica said...

sounds like you had a super fun weekend - what a great dad you are!!

Christen, Doug and Dillon said...

What a bully Caleb is...picking on someone twice his size! ;) I love how huge his soccer shorts are! And good for Mitch, scoring both of the goals! I hope you guys come out in July; I'd love to see you and the fam again! We could eat at Popeyes again (or just not)!

Jacynthe said...

Sounds like you and the boys had fun while the girls were gone. I suspect you had breakfast for dinner or you just ate out :)

The Donald said...

Dude, I am impressed, your blog has blossomed the last couple weeks or so. Looks like a fun guys only weekend.

Are you sure that Heather and Riley were at dance, or was there another Bon Jovi concert nearby?

Nat said...

Look at yo go with your bad self! It must have taken you at least 4 hours with all these photos! What a fun weekend you boys had, I love all the pictures. I think you need to ship Caleb back to me for a couple weeks, I miss that cute little smiley face! Aiden told me the other day that he wished he lived closer to his friends Riley, Mitch and Caleb! They all look so cute on their way to church, love you guys!

sav said...

stuffwhitepeoplelike.wordpress.com
i know you will LOVE this site!!!!

jenjamin said...

Very cute! and love the spring shave. We jave always done that in the past to our boys but now their are getting too old and have their OWN ideas about their hair, go figuar! Looks like you had a fun weekend, dads need that from time to time.

Jennybug said...

Randy it is fun to see you with your boys. I bet you had a fun Saturday. Are you going to switch this week and got to the dance competition, I know how you love dance!!!

Lisa Christine said...

an old joke.....remember the time I put you in the sacrament meeting program as the chorister???? Has your memory really faded that much?
Anywho.....we miss you as neighbors. Creekstone isn't the same without you guys.

Kris and Kelli said...

Randy, your boys are so cute. I loved seeing the 3 year olds play soccer. What was that pic of you kicking the ball? Are you the coach?

Jennifer said...

Randy--

Mitch and Caleb could NOT be cuter (unless they looked more like Heather!:) Go Mitch--two goals, wow! And Caleb in his "shorts"--love it! I can't wait to get Ethan in stuff next year. Hard to believe it was that long ago that Heather and I were miserable--I mean, pregnant--together. Kind of makes me sad.

By the way, wanted to let you know that I started a blog of my own. So far I have about two readers, so maybe you could make number three. It's at ginnysee.blogspot.com., if you want to check it out.

Love YOUR blog--keep it coming! Hi to Heather!