
The dog is gone! The dog is gone! Um, actually we sold the dog. Yes Leila. Mitch doesn't know yet, but he couldn't care less. Caleb hasn't figured it out yet that she is gone. Riley was there when the money changed hands. She wasn't the least bit thrilled. It was actually good timing because she had 5 of her friends over for her birthday party. She probably didn't want them to see her crying. I gave her a $20-spot for hush money. I told her that this is quiet money. She's never to speak of the dog again. She was grinning from ear to ear as she was pulling out of the driveway on the way to her party. Money does wonders for kids doesn't it? I'm not below bribing. So here's the math for those of you entertaining a dog: $350: dog, $150: dog items (kennel, food dishes, shampoo/conditioner, Shih Tzu for dummies book, etc. etc, $40: 2 haircuts/nails clipped, things you can't put a price on: endless poop/pee messes in the house, 77 total poop piles in the backyard alone, chewed up couch/door jams/socks/shoes, Randy beating the dog like an egg/drum, Heather telling everyone, "I told you so" and rubbing it in our faces, and Heather's claim of no one living up to their pre-dog contractual agreement. Well, (sigh), I do feel bad that it didn't work out. I really do. ;)

8 comments:
That is hysterical...paying off your daughter to not talk of the dog again! Some day your other kids will say, "Didn't we have a dog once? What happened to it?" Hmm...maybe it ran away...
That is pretty funny Randy...
poor layla! now who is caleb going to beat up on? I hope she is in a happy place! Can't wait for you to get here it will be so fun! Tell Riley happy birthday from me and Grammy, we didn't get her called before it was too late! Love you sweetie!
Please express your feelings to Richard next time you see him. He wants a stinkin' dog so bad. I'm being the mean ol'wife! I'm glad you were able to find her a happy home!
Just to clear things up, I could have and should have told everyone "I told you so" and could have rubbed it in their faces. However, those thing ONLY happened AFTER the dog was gone and I reminded Randy who wanted the dog in the first place which was HIM!! I also reminded him that we would never again revisit the conversation of getting a dog ever again. Oh, and by the way...they DID NOT live up to their pre-dog contractual agreement,that' not a claim it is a fact. Thus the doggie went bye bye! In fact, i think I deserve the $280 we got for the B----! Love you Babe!!
Tis a shame...that is a cute dog!
I am jealous. Donald loves our dogs....there is no chance on hime selling ours. Oh well.
You have to go through the pain to understand why some of us don't have dogs any longer. Remember when you gave me a bad time because I told Preston not to look for Gretel when she ran away in Island Park, and what a bad mother my Heidi thought I was because I gave Gretel to someone who loved dogs?
You have to feel the pain to understand.
Post a Comment