This past week Mitch and I had the opportunity to travel to Denver to hang with Grandpa Curtis and see the Denver Nuggets take on the Utah Jazz. Holy Cow...what an exciting game--but more on that in a minute. We flew in late morning and Dad picked us up form the airport. We grabbed a bite to eat and we were off to Boodocks for some fun. We played laser tag and blew through about 90 tokens. That evening, Dad had scheduled dinner at the Pepsi Center early so we could eat and get into the arena. Earlier I had touched base with an old friend who I used to work with, Travis Henderson, the Director for the Utah Jazz and mentioned we would be attending the game. He said to make sure we had our Jazz gear on in the first half. After dinner we went into the arena and watched Kyle Korver and CJ Miles warmup. Mitch was able to catch Miles for an autograph and a picture. Mitch was in heaven. My Dad has seats just behind the scorers table so we were able to be in the middle of all the action. Travis even arranged to get us on camera for a few seconds as the play-by-play guy Craig Bolerjack welcomed us to Denver to see the Jazz play. Riley called on my cell freaking out saying she had just seen us on TV at the game and, "they even said your name!!!!" The game was awesome. Physical, loud, and definately playoff atmosphere. The Jazz won in OT. Always good to come out with a win. It was a great night and a fantastic trip. This is our second year in a row to go to Denver to catch a game. Definatley a tradition worth keeping!!Thanks for the great couple of days, Dad. We enjoy hanging out and spending quality time together.
Here are some pics of the trip...

getting ready for laser tag!
Mitch and CJ!!
At the game...

buddies!
5 comments:
so your sister isn't the only one with connections! Man oh man! Sounds like you two were in heaven, how fun!!
Does Mitch have an unusually small head or do you just have a big one?
Hee hee! I kid, I kid!
Too much time on my hands?? No, I am just a master at managing my time. There are many things that HAVE to be done and many things that I WANT to do. The trick is to accomplish EVERYTHING in an organized and efficient manner, which I do.
Love the photos, particularly the one of Mitch with CJ Miles. So fun for him. Talk about memories he will never forget! Is boodocks a scary, Halloween type of place?
Seriously, we need to get some of your connections. Our kids just think it is cool to go to the Jazz game. I won't tell them your experience is possible. They will feel totally jipped. One day we will be as cool as you!
Post a Comment