Thursday, November 8, 2007

garage shelves

For those of you who know me, I am very challenged when it comes to fixing things around the house. Luckily for me, Heather loves me for other reasons-my ripped abs, the sweet van I drive, the fact that I'm a U.S. American, my funny T-shirts, my photographer brother, my cologne samples I got from a store in NYC, our handsome Ward Mission Leader Bro. Thomas, etc. Thankfully, I have very able people around me who help me with projects. I need to give much love to my brother-in-law Tono for helping me hang shelves in my garage tonight. For months I have complained that I have no shelves to put things on in my over sized one car garage. I guess he got tired of me complaining. He called me up and said he's coming over tonight to install shelves. Yipeee! He would've had the shelves done except for he had me run to Home Depot to buy longer bolts and I forgot my wallet. In the midst of me trying to sweet talk the Home Depot lady worker (I think she was a lady) telling her I forgot my wallet, I saw a neighbor of mine walking past register 3 and I asked if he could loan me a couple of bucks. I can only imagine what he was thinking: The poor guy doesn't even have two dollars to shop at Home Depot. (I think I forgot to tell him I actually forgot my wallet). Needless to say, Tono will be back tomorrow night to finish up the shelves.

2 comments:

Nat said...

What a guy! How nice of him to take pity on you!

You being a US American totally makes up for your lack of manly skills! (I am still laughing)

grammy vicki said...

What would we do without wives and neighbors, not to mention brothers-in-law. What I want to know is if you paid your neighbor back when you and your wallet finally reunited.