Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Las Vegas Airport

Here I sit at beautiful McCarran International. I am currently on a delay. (sigh) Something to do with the inner workings of the plane. I've never had a hard time with mechanical delays. I'm glad they care enough to make sure the planes are working properly. Anyways, I left a docs office way too late so I hurried to get here, OJ'd it down the terminal, saw that no one was boarding, wolfed a Sbarro's pepperoni slice down, hurried back to the gate, only to be told about the delay. I promplty went to the bathroom to change out of the work clothes into my shorts and T-shirt. Needless-to-say, after a long day in the 113 degree Vegas sun, I was due for a change of clothes. Actually, a shower would be nice, now that I think about it. Had I known, I woul've gone to see Nat and Russ and the fam. I wasn't able to see them this trip. Next time though for sure. Funny thing though, as I came back to the gate and sat down, I put the iPod headphones on and settled in (as best you can at the airport), and about five minutes later, these two guys sitting across from me in the opposite facing chairs get my attention and tell me that something is buzzing in my luggage. I kinda gave them this weird look and I put my ear down to listen. Sure enough. My razor was going full speed. I felt kinda dumb after pretty much everyone at the gate saw this. Gotta make you feel good getting on a plane with some guys luggage buzzing. Nice. Now I'll be black listed by TSA.

3 comments:

grammy vicki said...

Hey! Are you on your way home, or are you heading to Reno? I miss you and hope that the 113 degree day was profitable for you. Love you lots!

Anonymous said...

That is the funniest story! I read it outloud to everyone at work! STOP! I have tears I'm laughing so hard!

Jennifer said...

This is why Heather has my undying devotion; I always knew she was a true blond (about as true as I am, thanks to the bottle job!) However, I must admit she's ALOT more together than I am (who isn't?) If she ever feels bad about a goofy comment, tell her to remember the 1,001 stupid things she watched me do on a daily basis (and all the crap you gave me for it.) She'll feel better!

Rachael and Meg both want to cut their hair exactly like Riley's before she comes up. Hope Riley doesn't mind!