Wednesday, November 21, 2007

scouting

I really have to stop this practice of posting at 4 in the morning. For some reason, I have been getting up early this week. Kinda sucks, really. Last night was Mitchell's first Pack Meeting as a Cub Scout. He looked so great...so great we didn't even take any pictures!! Actually, we did. Just haven't posted them. It's hard to post pictures that you have to wave in the air to see them. Anyways, he was all decked out in his new shirt, scarf, hat, etc. Heather is continually busting my chops about me living my scouting dreams through him. I gently remind her that I did make it all the way to the rank of Life (thanks mom), and I was only six merit badges away from becoming an Eagle. If the six merit badges that were left to complete to get my Eagle were girls, driving, music (collecting tapes), letting my little brother drive my car (at 12), teasing my little sister, and basketball at the Sports mall, I'd have been an Eagle, definately. Even a $1000 bribe from the old man didn't help. Oh well. I guarantee you I will earn my Eagle by the time Mitch does.

1 comment:

grammy vicki said...

How exciting that Mitchell is now a Cub Scout. It is such a fun thing for them. Even you loved Cubs, Randy. Nothing wrong with living your scouting dreams through your son - you bet you will have earned your Eagle by the time he does - and another one by the time the Caleb man earns his. And it was a bribe from the grandpa not the dad wasn't it? I can't wait to see all the badges that Mitchell earns. Send those pics of the man in uniform.